NostraData Pty Ltd ACN 139 103 656 (“NostraData”, “us” or “we”) understands that you value your privacy and wish to have your personal information kept secure. For these reasons, we place a high priority on the security of information we hold. We have developed this policy to inform you of how we manage your personal information and maintain its integrity and security.
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and must comply with the National Privacy Principles. You can find more information about the Privacy Act and the NPPs on the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website at www.oaic.gov.au.
While we believe in keeping your personal information highly secure, we also believe that you have the right to be informed about how we deal with that information so, if on reading this policy you are unclear on any of the matters or simply want more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Collecting Personal Information
We aim to collect personal information from you only if it is relevant and necessary to providing the service and licensing the software that you have requested or authorised us to provide.
In general you can assume that we collect and hold the following information:
• your name;
• your address;
• your email address;
• your telephone, mobile and fax number;
• your credit card or other billing information; and
• such information that you authorise us to collect under the terms and conditions applicable to the service that you have requested or authorised NostraData to provide.
In most cases we will collect this information from you directly however in some cases we may obtain this information from your point of sale software provider.
We utilise "cookies" which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the site. A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. Failure to accept cookies may adversely affect your online experience.
Naturally we collect and hold a broad range of personal information gathered during the course of providing our services. However as stated above, we strive to ensure that we collect and hold only that personal information which is relevant and necessary to your specific matters.
Purposes of Collection
We collect information primarily to:
• provide services to you and to prepare group analysis, benchmarking and product performance metrics and product sales and performance reports for you and third parties;
• licence software to you in relation to the provision of such services and the preparation of such reports, and to administer your use of that software and offer you updates and product announcements in connection with that software;
• provide and improve this website (published at www.nostradata.com.au), including all services and content made available through this website, and to administer your use of this website;
• personalise your experience of this website and to display your personal information in your profile page and elsewhere on this website according the preferences you set in your account in connection with this website; and
• fulfill requests you may make to us.
We may also use the information to:
• monitor who is accessing the website or using services offered on the website and to profile the type of people accessing the website; and
• provide you with further information and offers from us or third parties that we believe you may find useful or interesting, including newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information on services and products offered by us or third parties.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive any such further information or offers, please notify us in writing at email@example.com or reply to any of the communications sent to you with a request to unsubscribe.
Third parties we engage in relation to the provision of this website, the software or the service that you have requested or authorised us to provide may have access to your personal information, including but not limited to data storage, maintenance service, database management, web analytics and payment processing service providers.
NostraData may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your personal information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganisation or sale of its assets or business.
We will not otherwise disclose personal information about you unless the disclosure:
• is required by law;
• is authorised by law; or
• you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
Personal Information Quality
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you believe that the information is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable effort to correct the information.
In the event that we do not believe the information to be incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information claiming that you believe the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Securing Your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure, use or alteration.
The security measures we have in place to protect your information are set out in our security policy below.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a limited right to access all personal information that we hold about you. In limited circumstances, we may refuse your request to access, in which case, we will give you a reason for that refusal.
We are not required to provide access where:
• denying access is required or authorised by law; or
• providing access would be unlawful.
Changes to this Policy
NostraData Pty Ltd ACN 139 103 656 (“NostraData”, “us” or “we”) understands that you value your privacy and wish to have your personal information kept secure. For these reasons, we place a high priority on the security of information we hold. We have developed this policy to inform you of how we manage your information and maintain its integrity and security.
We have taken the following measures to protect your information from unauthorised access or disclosure:
• the transmission of information to us using our software is encrypted via DES encryption and is sent using SSL digital certificates provided by GeoTrust® (SSL certificates from GeoTrust® maximise online security by delivering 256-bit encryption and the True Site™ trust mark indicates third-party website identity validation);
• after hours access to our offices is by security pass only;
• our offices are also securely locked after hours;
• all our computers have password protection;
• all computers linked to our intranet are password protected and virus protected;
• our employees sign confidentiality agreements as part of their employment with us;
• our network is protected by firewalls and DMZs;
• measures are in place to prevent "untrusted" access;
• SSL is used as the minimum for all electronic data transfer;
• all extracted data/information is processed behind secure firewalls;
• minimum encryption strength is 128-bit and SHA1; and
• we have engaged Bulletproof to securely store and back up your information; and
BulletProof has represented to us that it stores your information in a large-scale data centre onshore in Australia and that it uses extensive software, hardware and physical perimeter security to keep their data centres secure.
More information on Bulletproof’s security can be found by contacting Bulletproof at its website and more information on GeoTrust® SSL certificates can be found at its website.
Link to the BulletProof website
Link to the GeoTrust website
Last updated: 19 September 2012